It’s exciting when you finally decide to make a career change but for some people it can be a stressful process. National Laser Institute is committed to helping you through this awesome time by giving you some advice for future success in the medical aesthetics industry.
You can easily picture where you want to be after you graduate, right? You can’t get there without taking the right steps, and National Laser Institute has some tips to prepare you:
1. Make a list of where you want to apply. Even if your dream job isn’t hiring, give them a call and talk to them! National Laser Institute even had one student who went to her dream medical spa to personally hand in her resume, and she ended up talking her way into a position! Persistence definitely pays off.
2. Prepare for interviews. Practice open-ended questions with family or friends, pick out potential interview outfits, and familiarize yourself with the places that offered you interviews. The more you plan, the more confident you’ll feel!
3. Take matters into your own hands. Thinking of starting up your own med spa company? Take the time to start planning! Do your research and network with people who’ve already started their own successful business. Knowledge is power!
4. Clean up your resume. Before you even start looking for jobs, brush up your resume! Make sure you fill it full of all your skills and then get someone to look over it for you. If you don’t have anyone who can properly edit it for you, consider submitting it online so a professional can look over it!
5. Don’t give up! Don’t get frustrated if things don’t go your way at first. If you get knocked down 100 times, get back up 100 times! Your dream job is waiting for you out there, and it’s your job keep working until you find it.
National Laser Institute has always been committed to student success, providing them with the best quality of education as possible. To learn more about National Laser Institute or to speak with an admissions advisor, call 1-800-982-6817.